THE BRIGHT SIDE
- Leon Draisaitl sniped his fourth goal of the season from one knee as he smashed home a beautiful cross ice pass by Benoit Pouliot. Draisaitl also put up an assist on Ryan Nugent-Hopkins’ goal in the third period. Much like Nurse, I don’t see how Draisaitl can be sent down to the Condors if he keeps producing like that.
- Darnell Nurse makes me happy in this time of McSadness. How about when Darnell was standing toe to toe with Ryan Getzlaf without even a hint of backing down. I don’t care what Peter Chiarelli’s plan had on it, Darnell Nurse is making it damned near impossible to send him back to Bakersfield now.
- Oscar Klefbom played better tonight than he had in the previous few outings and was rewarded with his third goal of the season off of a cannon from the point.
- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored his sixth goal of the season less than a minute after Corey Perry gave the Ducks a third period lead. Nugey’s sixth goal ties him for the team lead with Taylor Hall. Nuge is turning into a wonderful two way player and is quietly having a very good season so far.
- Anders Nilsson had a very good night. I assume that Cam Talbot will play tomorrow night in Arizona but it will be interesting to see if Todd McLellan goes right back to Nilsson again on Saturday, regardless of tomorrow’s outcome. Nilsson gave the Oilers a chance to win and came up with some huge saves. He is definitely putting up notice that he wants the starter’s job. Nilsson finished the night with 34 saves, a .919 save%, and an assist on the winning goal!
- Great tilt by Luke Gazdic and Patrick Maroon. Fight courtesy of HockeyFights.com.
THE FACE PALMERS
- Day eight without McDavid.
- Unlucky bounce of Darnell Nurse’s skate for Corey Perry’s goal in the first period. Perry was trying to do a backwards pass and the puck banked in off ol’ Daryl’s skate. The Oilers can’t buy a bounce right now.
- Anton Lander can’t buy a goal right now and I maintain that it has to do with his decision to shave off his pirate facial hair.
- Corey Perry scored his third and fouth goals of the season, both goals giving the Ducks short lived leads. Perry is one of those players that you hate to watch but would love to have on your team. His fourth goal of the season was also his 300th and it annoys me that he hit a milestone against the Oilers.
- Of course Horcoff scored tonight. Is anyone really surprised? That was the second goal of the season for Horcoff and I bet no fans in Anaheim took their shirt off for him.
- At least Cogliano didn’t score!
- The goalie controversy continues.
1 – 0 ANA
1 – 1 Tie
2 – 1 ANA
2 – 2 Tie
3 – 2 ANA
3 – 3 Tie
4 – 3 EDM
BEST OF THE TWEETS
“At least he’s on my fantasy team!”
-Me watching the Oilers since ’07
— Nathan White (@NWhite_17) November 12, 2015
@OilersNation Same thing happened to Tom Selleck when he shaved off the moustache…sort of
— David Smitten (@DavidSmitten) November 12, 2015
— Ryan McByks (@IAmByks) November 12, 2015
@OilersNation If I was twenty years younger and female I would marry Leon.
— PMcGnarley (@PMcgnarley) November 12, 2015
— CynicalOilersFan (@CynicalOilerFan) November 12, 2015
— Matt Henderson (@Archaeologuy) November 12, 2015
— Kevin Radowits (@sportsjunkie007) November 12, 2015