My understanding is Edmonton Oilers are NOT in on any Jakob Chychrun talks at this time.
Philip Broberg a nonstarter as a prospect going to Coyotes, as is Dylan Holloway.
Jesse Puljujarvi – with a 1st rd pick – not enough for ARI.
— Mark Spector🇨🇦🇺🇦 (@SportsnetSpec) September 30, 2022
Are the Oilers in the Jakob Chychrun sweepstakes? “Too rich for our blood,” said a team source.
Things can always change. For now, EDM is content with a left side of Darnell Nurse, Brett Kulak and a plethora of options (Broberg, Murray, Niemelainen and possible righty Samorukov)
— Daniel Nugent-Bowman (@DNBsports) September 30, 2022
Canucks part ways with Doerrie
The #Canucks have confirmed that analyst Rachel Doerrie is no longer working for the organization. Doerrie did not respond to a request for comment.
Departure certainly seems odd for someone who was reportedly promoted to Bruce Boudreau’s coaching staff a few weeks back.
— Frank Seravalli (@frank_seravalli) September 30, 2022
Doerrie was hired by president Jim Rutherford to join the club’s analytics department in late January 2022, but worked remotely from her home in Toronto before moving out to Vancouver at the beginning of September.Just days before training camp in Whistler, Canucks head coach Bruce Boudreau brought Doerrie’s name and new role on his coaching staff up while speaking with reporters ahead of the team’s annual Jake Milford Charity Invitational Golf Tournament at Northview Golf and Country Club in Surrey.This, according to a report from The Province’s Patrick Johnston:Boudreau was asked about his meetings over the past couple of weeks with his new coaching staff and in his response, mentioned new video coach Dylan Crawford and then also Doerrie, who he identified as Crawford’s assistant.
Habs Anderson recovering from spider bite
And…a strange upper body injury it was. Anderson has been dealing with an infection caused by what is believed to be a spider bite to his finger. https://t.co/hIqEkNk1jP
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger) September 30, 2022
Leafs planning to play Marner on… defence?
- When: On Thursday, January 12th, we’re jumping on a flight at the Edmonton International Airport and making our way to Vegas. On Sunday evening, we’ll fly back from Vegas to Edmonton. So the dates that you need to block off for this trip are January 12th to 15th.
- Where we’re staying: After landing in LV, we’ll jump on the free shuttle and make our way to the Park MGM before settling in for a good night’s sleep. 😉
- What you get: Your roundtrip flight, hotel, shuttle, viewing party (Friday night), game entry — we got seats this time (Saturday night), and exclusive entry into our pre-trip ‘get to know everyone’ event.
- How Much: The total cost for the trip, flight, hotel, and entry to the game is $1499 per person (based on double occupancy)
- Tickets: Ready to dive in? Click this link.