Friends of the Nation, we’re looking to expand our crew! Oilersnation is looking to add some motivated peeps to our direct sales team with big dreams a big appetite for success. For more information on the role, keep reading after the jump.
If you’ve made it this far I can tell that joining the Nation Network is something that tickles your fancy. We’re off to a good start already and that’s important. So here’s the deal… Our dedicated sales staff provides fan-focused content across the Nation Network, focusing on hockey (durrrrr), the Jays and all things sports. With a variety of partnerships, a clothing line and even our own form of hydration (read: NationBeer), businesses love the exposure they get from working with the Nation, and we need you to help us get more clients on board.
As our business continues to grow, we need driven and experienced individuals to expand our sales efforts in Edmonton, Toronto, Vancouver and the U.S. in order to propel our lofty dreams forward. If you’re a fan of what we do and a passion for providing the best free sports content on the Internet, submit your application to join our passionate team of sports fanatics and internet aficionados!
So what’s the job?
What we need are people that know how to sell and aren’t afraid to jump into the Nation Network lifestyle. This job needs someone who is passionate about sports, can learn on the fly, and also work their professional network like a boss to deliver professional, focused presentations to organizations that sells the sizzle for what the Nation Network is all about. Working with our sales team, the successful sales warlord(s) will utilize a structured approach to exceeding sales goals while also having a ton of fun with us in the process.
We know there is a lot to take in there, but fear not. The Nation will provide solid, thorough training on our products, goals, and approach to help the successful candidates get up to speed and move units—when you succeed, we all succeed.
- Organization and communication skills are a must. Keeping yourself on track and being able to communicate with our team effectively will be key to scoring deals and long term success.
- Strong interpersonal skills both over the phone, video conference and in person. This is sales and you’ll need to be able to speak in order to land the next massive account.
- Much like the sports we cover, the Nation Network works best as a unit, so you need to be a team player.
- Have a professional network and know what it takes to grow a client base through referral, hustle, and other best practices.
- Lastly, you’ll need to be self-motivated. Honestly. We don’t care if your home is your office but binge-watching season three of Friends on Netflix won’t pay the bills.
- Have previous experience in advertising sales or a related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to attend weekly sales meetings and/or sales functions as required.
- Reporting (forecasting, activities, budgets, etc.) delivered on time as needed.
- Able to meet/exceed agreed upon budgets. You’ll get out of this what you put in so if it’s a full time gig, great. If you can do it while punching a different clock, that’s great too. We understand that a work/life balance is important and we’re understanding of that so long as targets are met.
On top of a generous commission structure compensating both new and renewing client contracts, the Nation will also provide a fixed base salary to make sure that you’re not starving in the streets.
Does this all sound good to you? To apply, send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
We thank you in advance for the time it took to get through this article and also the extra few minutes it will take to submit your resume, however only qualified individuals will be contacted.