Thursday afternoon means it’s time for a brand new episode of the Real Life Podcast! As always, the boys are back with another hour of nonsense to try and keep everyone entertained, informed, and make sense of this crazy little thing called life.
To kick off this week’s podcast, the boys got started with a conversation about Alberta reopening its economy and whether or not that means anyone will be loosening their own personal restrictions. From restaurants and bars allowing the public back through the doors to golf courses and driving ranges doing what they can, the boys discussed their approach to getting back to normal and whether or not it’s too soon to try and make it work. Getting back to sports, the boys looked at the return of sports and tried to figure out what would happen if some of the league’s stars refused to play out of concerns for their personal safety. With no clear answer available, there’s no doubt that this story will have plenty of twists and turns as time moves along and the pro sports leagues continue to make plans. Changing gears entirely, Jay told a story about some back alley shenanigans that’s happening behind his house, including a rogue feeder and a parade of coyotes that are chasing neighbourhood cats. Finally, the podcast wrapped up with a look at The Last Dance docuseries and whether or not athletes like Connor McDavid are looking at this through a different lens than the rest of us.
Listen to today’s podcast below:
- Episode 179: Recommended NHL changes, the UFC, and beer league hockey
- Episode 178: Home projects, dating, and roadside treasures
- Episode 177: Business talk, Murder Hornets, and Monkeys Stealing Babies
- Episode 176: Fired up at Home Depot and a NationBeer announcement
- Episode 175: NBA opening facilities, Listener Questions, and Pimp My Ride
- Episode 174: Save the Riverboat, NHL eyes Edmonton, and Keepin’ it 100
- Episode 173: Fanless Sports, Boredom, and Jacked Up Kangaroos