Another Thursday means another episode of the Real Life Podcast is here to wrap up the week and get you set for the weekend. This week, the boys recapped the NHL Draft, previewed free agency, and Jesse Puljujarvi’s return to Edmonton.
To kick off this week’s podcast, the boys got started with a look at this week’s NHL Draft and how the Edmonton Oilers did with their six selections. From choosing Dylan Holloway at 14th overall to picking up local product, Carter Savoie, in the fourth round, the Oilers picked nothing but forwards at the draft as Ken Holland and his staff looked to replenish the depth chart with forwards. From there, the conversation turned to Jesse Puljujarvi’s long-anticipated return to the Edmonton Oilers and what that will mean for the depth chart going forward. With a cheap, two-year contract now in his pocket, the hard work begins for Puljujarvi as he looks to make sure his second tour in Edmonton works out better than the first. Finally, the guys wrapped up this week’s podcast with a look ahead at free agency, and took a few swings on what the Oilers might be up to at the start of the NHL’s shopping season.
Listen to the Thursday episode of Real Life below:
- Episode 219: Minor Hockey, the NHL Draft, and Scott Hastings from OddsShark
- Episode 218: Oscar Klefbom’s shoulder, OEL, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
- Episode 217: Yaremchuk Heads Out Hookin’ and Scott Hastings from OddsShark
- Episode 216: YEG Coffee Club, Parking Wars, and Big Brother
- Episode 215: Leon Draisaitl, Shady Doings, and Scott Hastings from OddsShark