The Real Life Podcast Ep. 380 — No time for nonsense, just Oilers talk
Photo credit:Sergei Belski-USA TODAY Sports
6 months ago
Ahhhh game one of the Battle of Alberta did not go the way we wanted. It was wildly entertaining with a total of 15 goals and a crazy comeback by the Oilers, but that didn’t totally mask just how awful the team played for some long stretches. The guys opened up episode 380 of The Real Life Podcast by sharing their thoughts on the first game against the Flames and where they thought things went wrong for the team.
Tyler and Jay shared their disappointment with the boy’s effort in the first game. Wanye was without a doubt the most optimistic of the bunch, as he’s been throughout his entire playoff run. Chalmers also popped in with his take and his frustration with the portion of the fan base that always seems to want to write this team off after every loss.
The guys also joked about how since it’s the playoffs and they’re so focused on the Oilers every night, the podcast has lacked its usual amount of nonsense and tom-foolery. Instead, it’s basically just been a straight-up Oilers podcast, which is weird, right? Were they low-energy on the pod today? Sure, but so were the Oilers, so it’s on brand!
Listen to the Thursday episode of Real Life below:
Subscribe to the Real Life Podcast for FREE on Spotify here, on Apple Podcasts here, on YouTube, or wherever you get your podcasts from.
- Episode 379: Game 7 Recap, Connor McDavid, and the Battle of Alberta
- Episode 378: Avoiding Elimination, Getting a Hot Start, and Coronation Street
- Episode 375: The NHL Playoff Preview Show
- Episode 374: Banana Bread, Jay’s Baby Emergency, and a chat with Printz and Quads
- Episode 373: Oilers clinch, Hart Trophy betting, and Playoff Preparation
- Episode 372: Mascot Clones, Oilers Clinchmas, and a chat with Ben Hebert and Marc Kennedy
Recent articles from Tyler Yaremchuk