The Real Life Podcast Ep. 396 – Free Agency Recap, Dating Advice, and the Oilersnation Open
1 year ago
The NHL draft is behind us and free agency is underway, meaning the gang from the Real Life Podcast is back with a brand new episode to help you get through what’s left of your week. On today’s podcast, the guys looked what Ken Holland was able to get done in free agency, what still needs to get done, and a whole lot more.
To kick things off, the guys got the podcast started with a look at the start of free agency and specifically the decision Johnny Gaudreau made to leave Calgary and land in Columbus. Not only did Gaudreau break Flames fans’ hearts, but to end up in Columbus for a whole lot less money. Somehow talking about Johnny Hockey led the boys to offer dating advice that no one asked for. Getting back to hockey, the guys spent some time talking about the work that Ken Holland got done without having to spend way too much to get it done. As much as the Oilers had plenty of cap space to play with, the amazing thing for a lot of fans was how he was able to bring in a bunch of useful players without breaking the bank. Lastly, the guys wrapped up the Thursday episode of Real Life with an array of topics from Tyler’s vacation to the Nation Truck and everything in between.
Listen to the Thursday episode of Real Life below:
Subscribe to the Real Life Podcast for FREE on Spotify here, on Apple Podcasts here, on YouTube, or wherever you get your podcasts:
- Episode 395: Tyler at the NHL Draft, Jay Woodcroft’s plane friendliness, and Reid Schaefer
- Episode 394: NHL Draft Day and Tyler’s love of photography
- Episode 393: Jack Campbell, trade proposals, and the NHL Entry Draft
- Episode 392: The Oilersnation Open, Jesse Puljujarvi, and another rap album breakdown
- Episode 391: Baggedmilk is back, Campervan appreciation, and Yaremchuk’s chicken parm
- Episode 390: Would You Rather Live in the Past or Future?
Recent articles from Real Life Podcast