The Oilers will be back in the playoffs for the first time since 2006. Oilersnation has never experienced the playoffs. The site was born in 2007 and since then every reader has been waiting and waiting, and waiting for the postseason.
It will finally arrive on April 12th or 13th, depending on who and where the Oilers play.
This week on the podcast we decided to take a trip down memory lane to the last time the Oilers were in the playoffs. Jarret Stoll joined us to discuss the magical run of 2006.
Stoll had never played an NHL playoff game prior to 2006. He had no idea what he was in for and the incredible ride he was going on.
He shared some great stories about the run, including series by series. He talked not only about the games, but the atmosphere in Edmonton.
We talked about Fernando Pisani’s unreal 14 goals, Stoll’s OT winner and much much more.
Stoll went on to win two Stanley Cups with the Los Angeles Kings, but he admitted the 2006 run was just as unique because of how the entire city got caught up in the unexpected run to the Finals.
I think you’ll enjoy the trip down memory lane.
Listen to Real Life on Soundcloud here, and on iTunes here. Save yourself some time and subscribe to the show on iTunes if you like what you are hearing.
- Episode 18: David Pelletier
- Episode 17: Playoffs
- Episode 16: Oscars feat Deadline Day feat the Weeknd
- Episode 15: Garth Brooks and a Yacht with Messier
- Episode 14: The Grammy’s, NHL, and having a massage with your mom
- Episode 13: Struds in Hong Kong
- Episode 12: The Squirrel Grab
- Episode Eleven: Vegas Baby, Vegas
- Episode Ten: Laine rocked, Maroon rolling
- Episode Nine: Strudwick breaks into Little Brick
- Episode Eight: Christmas Time is Here, Strudwick’s Secret Crush