Happy Thanksgiving Nation Citizens and welcome to another episode of The Real Life Podcast! Even though it’s a holiday Monday, the boys were back with another hour of straight hockey talk to recap the Oiler’s busy weekend! The cast was a little bit different this week as Josh Park slid in to join Jay and Yaremchuk but the takes were just as fire as they always are!
To kick off the podcast, the guys went through the Oilers free agent signings and applauded Ken Holland for his ability to get players like Kyle Turris, Tyler Ennis, and Tyson Barrie signed to bargain contracts. They all agreed that it was looking like a perfect weekend for the Oilers until the news came across that Mike Smith was coming back. Even though Tyler wasn’t a huge fan of the move, Jay found a way to put a positive spin on things. The guys then talked about some of the big news that happened elsewhere around the league like the Taylor Hall signing, the Alex Pietrangelo sweepstakes, and what’s happening in Calgary. They wrapped up the podcast with a quick recap of the Real Life Locks of The Week in the NFL! Enjoy the podcast & enjoy your the final day of the long weekend!
Listen to the Monday episode of Real Life below:
- Episode 220: Recapping the NHL Draft and Looking Ahead at Free Agency
- Episode 219: Minor Hockey, the NHL Draft, and Scott Hastings from OddsShark
- Episode 218: Oscar Klefbom’s shoulder, OEL, and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
- Episode 217: Yaremchuk Heads Out Hookin’ and Scott Hastings from OddsShark
- Episode 216: YEG Coffee Club, Parking Wars, and Big Brother