Another Thursday has landed on our calendars and that means the gang from the Real Life Podcast is back with a brand new episode to help you get you through what’s left of your week. Today, the boys were talking about dogs on the Oilers broadcast, Chalmers and Jay being MIA, and a whole lot more.
To kick off the Thursday episode of Real Life, the podcast got started with a random conversation about the repairs going on at Wanye Manor which is why he was not in the studio with the boys. That spawned a chat about the dog that made a guest appearance on Tuesday night’s broadcast, and how that was arguably one of the most exciting parts about that game. From there, the guys got into the Oilers being valued at $1.1 billion (USD) by Forbes this past week and how it was crazy to see a 100% increase despite working through a global pandemic. Sticking with the business of sports, the guys looked at the Pat McAfee deal that came through this week after the former punter-turned podcaster landed a contract worth $30 million per year with Fan Duel. Lastly, we wrapped up this Thursday episode of Real Life with a look at the Oilers’ matchup against the Boston Bruins and how everyone feels like this is the game when the boys start turning things around.
Listen to the Thursday episode of Real Life below:
- Episode 335: The sky is falling, William Lagesson’s agent, Wanye’s Neighbour
- Episode 334: A whole lot of TikTok and a little bit of Edmonton Oilers
- Episode 333: Oilers won and the Nation partied
- Episode 332: The Oilers are having fun, the Olympics, and team toughness
- Episode 331: Oilers vs Jets, Jay’s HHoF miss, and Nic Sulsky from PointsBet Canada