Thursday is here and that means the boys from the Real Life Podcast are back with a brand new podcast to help you get set for Game 5 which will go down at the Saddledome starting at 7:30 pm. On today’s show, the guys looked back at Game 4, Nuge’s big moment, and welcomed Mike McKenna from Daily Faceoff to break down what’s been happening so far.
Kicking off the Thursday episode of Real Life, the guys got started with a conversation about the massive win in Game 4 and how it wasn’t the prettiest win we’ve ever seen. The most important part about that win was how the Oilers did not fold despite the fact that the Flames were able to grind their way back into a tie game, including an insane long-distance goal that could have killed their spirit but ultimately did not. For all of us, the amazing thing about that win was that the Oilers didn’t fold when times got tough and it was the kind of resilience that we haven’t seen in a long time. From there, the guys welcomed Mike McKenna from Daily Faceoff to talk about the goaltending we’re seeing in this series, what Mike Smith has done well, and why Jacob Markstrom seems to struggle so mightily against the Oilers. Lastly, the guys wrapped up the Thursday episode of Real Life with their picks for who could be the unsung hero for Edmonton in a game when they’ll need everyone working together.
Listen to the Thursday episode of Real Life below:
- Episode 381: Frank Seravalli is in studio and the Oilers are up 2-1 in the BOA!
- Episode 380: No time for nonsense, just Oilers talk
- Episode 379: Game 7 Recap, Connor McDavid, and the Battle of Alberta
- Episode 378: Avoiding Elimination, Getting a Hot Start, and Coronation Street
- Episode 375: The NHL Playoff Preview Show
- Episode 374: Banana Bread, Jay’s Baby Emergency, and a chat with Printz and Quads