Another week has arrived and that means the boys from the Real Life Podcast are here to help get your week started with a fresh podcast about all things Oilers and life. On today’s show, the guys looked at the Huberdeau for Tkachuk trade, the Oilers’ defensive group, and a whole more.
Kicking off the Thursday episode of Real Life, the guys got started with a look at the Matthew Tkachuk for Jonathan Huberdeau trade that took place on Friday night. Despite the fact that Gaudreau and Tkachuk both left the team in a matter of weeks, the organization did very well for themselves with the trade that brings Huberdeau and Weeger to town. Sticking with that trade, the guys looked at the deal the Flames were able to swing and whether the Oilers need to respond in kind with some roster upgrades of their own. Getting away from hockey, Chalmers and Jay told another story about going to watch the Edmonton Riverhawks, and how it’s something that you just have to experience. From there, the guys covered some of the other events that are happening around Edmonton and how this is one of the best times of year to find things to do. Lastly, the guys wrapped up the Monday episode of Real Life with another deep dive into Liam’s head scouting career and how he doesn’t even get paid to do it.
Listen to the Monday episode of Real Life below:
Subscribe to the Real Life Podcast for FREE on Spotify here, on Apple Podcasts here, on YouTube, or wherever you get your podcasts:
- Episode 398: The Calgary Flames implosion, Oilers roster needs, and a pickleball challenge
- Episode 397: Social Media, Phones aren’t phones, and Liam’s hockey journey
- Episode 396: Free Agency Recap, Dating Advice, and the Oilersnation Open
- Episode 395: Tyler at the NHL Draft, Jay Woodcroft’s plane friendliness, and Reid Schaefer
- Episode 394: NHL Draft Day and Tyler’s love of photography
- Episode 393: Jack Campbell, trade proposals, and the NHL Entry Draft