It’s Friday afternoon leading into the long weekend and that means the boys are back with a fresh episode of Oilersnation Radio to help you grind through what’s left of your week. On today’s show, we talked about Ryan Murray signing a one-year contract, Sam Gagner signing in Winnipeg, and a whole lot more.
To kick off this week’s podcast, we got started with a random conversation about the grocery store that probably went on for way too long. Getting back to business, we broke down the Ryan Murray signing that happened shortly before the podcast kicked off and whether or not it was a smart move to bring in the former Avs defender on a league-minimum deal. What we all liked about the move was the added depth on the back end, but what we don’t know is how much he’ll be able to contribute. From there, we looked at the news that Sam Gagner signed in Winnipeg after weeks of rumours that he was destined to come back to Edmonton for a third kick at the can. From there, we played a little game about when Ryan McLeod would sign a new contract and I challenged the boys to come up with a specific contract and signing date. Whoever gets closest will win a shirsey from me!
Ryan McLeod Price is Right:
- Dan: 2 years, $975K, Sept. 20th
- Rick: 1 year, $1.25 million, Sept. 14th
- Tyler: 2 years, $1.125, Sept. 9th
- BM: 1 year, $1 million, Sept. 5th
Listen to this week’s podcast below:
Subscribe to Oilersnation Radio for FREE on Soundcloud here, on Apple Podcasts, or wherever else you get your podcasts from! Oilersnation Radio is proudly brought to you by our friends at DoorDash, Cornerstone Insurance, and Buster’s Pizza and without them, this podcast would not be possible.
- Offseason rumours, reverse retros, and Ryan Pike from Flamesnation
- Do the Oilers need to respond to what the Flames have done this offseason?
- Yamamoto signs, Huberdeau does too, and Oilers trade proposals
- How does Jesse Puljujarvi’s new deal fit in the Oilers’ plans?
- NHL Dynasties, Arbitration Hearings, and Xavier Bourgault