The NHL playoffs are finally here and that means the gang from the Real Life Podcast is back with a brand new episode to help you get through what’s left of your Monday and preview the opening round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. On today’s podcast, the guys looked at game one of the Oilers vs Kings series, everyone’s game day plans, and a whole lot more.
To kick things off, the guys got the podcast started by sharing their excitement for the start of the playoffs as the Oilers are getting set to square off against the LA Kings in game one. That excitement led to Chalmers wondering what he should do about his kids’ baseball practice that’s scheduled to take place during the first period of the game. Obviously, the boys peer-pressured Chalmers as much as they could into canceling the practice entirely. Next up, the guys discussed their plan and approach for game one, including the expected BPP and where we’ll be watching the game. Getting away from the Oilers for a minute, the guys looked around the NHL at some of the playoff series they’re excited about and which ones they’re going to avoid entirely. Lastly, the guys wrapped up the Monday episode of Real Life with a quick run-through of everything the Nation has planned for the playoffs, including the parties and vacation down to LA for games three and four.
Listen to the Monday episode of Real Life below:
- Episode 374: Banana Bread, Jay’s Baby Emergency, and a chat with Printz and Quads
- Episode 373: Oilers clinch, Hart Trophy betting, and Playoff Preparation
- Episode 372: Mascot Clones, Oilers Clinchmas, and a chat with Ben Hebert and Marc Kennedy
- Episode 371: The #NationVacation recap, Oilers win, and the Celebrity Net Worth game
- Episode 370: Huge games for the Oilers, Jay the dad, and a #NationVacation update from Nashville
- Episode 369: Oilers playoff push, Tiger at the Masters, F1, and the Jay baby pool